The Schwinn upright bike has always been well received by serious fitness enthusiasts. The Schwinn A10 Upright exercise bike is a basic bike with a few extras. If you are looking for a cheap upright bike from Schwinn then A10 model can be a good choice. However, with the growing popularity of home exercise equipment, some new versions of Schwinn Upright Bike are making their way into consumer’s homes. One of the reasons why these older models have stayed so popular is because of the low price tag. You can find a quality Schwinn upright bike for less than $230.
A Schwinn upright bike is a great workout machine for both adults and children alike. Some of the best features on a Schwinn a10 include portability, affordability, and ease of use. The Schwinn exercise bike reviews by existing users suggest that these newer versions are too much better built to last for several more years than even the least expensive Schwinn models. Of course, no matter how durable or well constructed your Schwinn A10, you still have to pay attention to properly maintaining and caring for your investment.
- Schwinn exercise bikes are easy to assemble
- Data on the console: The LCD window displays time, revolutions per minute, results, speed, distance, heart rate and calories.
- 6 Preset Workouts
- Seat is highly adjustable to fit almost any adult.
- The adjustable handlebars can be rotated and moved vertically.
- Comes with magnetic resistance for quiet operation
- The weighted flywheel is lightweight, but feels like road bike
- Quiet enough to watch TV at its usual volume.
- Water bottle holder attached to the frame.
- The Schwinn A10 includes a media tray, MP3 input port and speakers.
- Maximum user weight is 275 lbs.
- Compact bike and doesn’t weigh much.
- It takes up little space. It measures 27.5 ” long x 16.5 ” wide x 47.5 ” high.
- The wheels are attached to the bike for easy transportation.
- Uncomfortable seat
- There is no fan in the unit
- The console screen is not backlit. The data windows are small.
- Batteries are used for the control unit and need to changed about every 10 hours.
- Medium warranty
Schwinn A10 Upright Exercise Bike Review In Details
A favorite feature of Schwinn A10’s that many consumers appreciate is the LCD console. LCD console provides you with an easy way to track your workout sessions and also provides you with an estimate of total calories burned, as well as a list of individual workout routines. You can set up the LCD screen to show your personal time as well as the estimated calories burned, or use the numbers to gauge overall pace. In addition, you can store numerous workout programs on your hard drive, so that you don’t have to go back and forth to your bike.
Schwinn Upright stationary bikes are offered in several basic designs. These designs include the Schwinn Airdyne, the Schwinn Azza, and the Schwinn Reebok Classic. Each of these designs include a lower, upper, and side frame. Schwinn makes a few different models in each category. You should be sure to choose one of these bikes depending on your personal preference, the amount of space you have available, and the level of physical exercise you desire.
One aspect of any Schwinn upright bike worth looking at is the bike’s pedals. At first glance, the design of Schwinn’s pedals may look confusing. The pedals of these exercise bikes are not actually located under your feet, but rather, are mounted on the outside of the bottom bracket. This means that you can’t tip the bike over onto the pedals while you are exercising. When you try to tip the Schwinn Airdyne over to get the pedals, you will find that it locks in place. The reason for this is that the seat of the Schwinn Airdyne is shaped differently than most other upright exercise bikes.
The seat of the Schwinn Upright is designed with a round shaped contour that provides increased stability and makes it much easier to get used to when exercising. Another feature of the Schwinn Upright Bike that differs from most other upright exercise bikes is that the top tube of the recumbent Schwinn Airdyne has a magnetic reed-slip resistance feature. The magnetic reed-slip resistance feature allows you to vary the resistance levels during your exercise. If you would like a bit more of a workout without completely changing your exercise style, you can simply lower the level of magnetic resistance. The magnetic recumbent exercise bike gives you a great cardio workout while keeping your body comfortable.
The Schwinn Airdyne is easy to use with a built-in monitor that features both a graphical and text console. The console includes the time and duration of each of the exercises, as well as the distance covered during each workout.
Key Features of Schwinn A10 Upright Exercise Bike
- 7 pre-set programs
- 8 levels of magnetic eddy current brake resistance
- A flywheel with perimeter weighted for real on-the-road feel
- Wide range of training intensity options
- Offers smooth and consistent workouts
- Adjustable seat and steering wheel
- Hold the heart rate sensors for a comfortable driving position
- A fan to keep you cool while exercising
- To easily move this bike for storage, this bike has transport wheels
- Ergonomic pedal design for comfortable pedaling
- Water bottle holder so you can stay hydrated while exercising
You can use the Schwinn exercise bike manual for detailed instructions on how to adjust the resistance level and handle different workouts. Additionally, it will help you customize your workout by choosing between three different workout routines. There are also a number of built-in programs that use specific muscles of the body. These programs are designed to increase muscle mass, burn more calories, and improve cardiovascular fitness.