- 1 Comparison of the Top 10 Best Weight Bench of 2020
- 2 Top 10 Best Weight Bench [2019-2020] Reviews
- 2.1 1. The Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 adjustable weight bench:
- 2.2 2. Body Champ Olympic Weight Bench
- 2.3 3. Marcy Diamond Olympic Bench
- 2.4 4. Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench
- 2.5 5. Ironmaster Super Bench Review
- 2.6 6. Power Block Sports Bench Review
- 2.7 7. Body-Solid Powerline Folding Bench Review
- 2.8 8. Rep Adjustable Weight Bench
- 2.9 9. Body Solid GFID225 Review
- 2.10 10. CAP Barbell Deluxe Utility Bench Review
- 3 Best Weight Bench Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Different Types of Weight Bench
- 5 6 Basic Exercises With The Best Weight Bench
- 6 Final Verdict of Weight Bench:
Until you have a weight bench, your home gym is not complete. Many classic and effective exercise like dumbbell press, dumbbell row, bench press, and many other fitness training can only be done on a weight bench.
The “best weight bench” will support you through your full lifting journey. You can easily use a workout bench with power racks, dumbbells, cages, and other attachments to facilitate entire body workout.
We have tested more than 40 top rated weight benches and spent more than 50 hours searching for the internet and manufacturer to come up with the best weight bench review for our readers. Our aim is to provide you all the information about the top rated weight bench available in the market.
We suggest you to read our best weight bench buyer’s guide below, so that you can make a good decision before purchasing.
Our recommendation for the best adjustable weight bench is The Bowflex SelectTech 5.1, it is just the one that will worth your investment.
Comparison of the Top 10 Best Weight Bench of 2020
|Top 10 Best Weight Bench Reviews in 2018||Product Dimensions||Weight||Current Price|
|1. The Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 adjustable weight bench||51 x 17.8 x 8.7 inches||63 pounds|
|2. Body Champ Olympic Weight Bench.||76 x 56 x 55 inches||78.5 pounds|
|3. Marcy Adjustable Olympic Weight Bench||65.8 x 65.5 x 64.5 inches||93 pounds|
|4. Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench||43 x 14 x 17 inches||23.8 pounds|
|5. Ironmaster super bench review||44 x 18.8 x 21 inches||65 pounds|
|6. Power Block Sport Bench Review||50 x 21.5 x 18 inches||57 pounds|
|7. Body-Solid Powerline Folding Bench Review||57 x 16 x 18 inches||2.2 pounds|
|8. Rep Adjustable Bench||54 x 26 x 17.5 inches||85 pounds|
|9. Body Solid GFID225 Review||58.5 x 19.5 x 10 inches||61 pounds|
|10. CAP Barbell Deluxe Utility Bench Review||53 x 27 x 45 inches||55 pounds|
Top 10 Best Weight Bench [2019-2020] Reviews
Take a look at our top 10 list of the best weight bench below to get the right workout bench for you that will support your workouts for a long time.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly adjustable weight bench that gets the job done then check out this Bowflex 5.1 Stowable Bench.
This bench is engineered with commercial quality and steel design. It is built for optimal workout versatility,
You will get 6 different adjustment angles. This heavy-duty adjustable bench has 600-pound load capacity.
This best weight bench can be stored vertically when not in use. It is our favorite bench yet that comes with premium construction and amazing space saving feature.
When working out with the dumbbell, it offers a stable base and you do not need to worry about losing grip on the seat. This Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 adjustable weight bench offers different positions that will help you to not slip when working out.
You can get the best position as the seat of this weight bench is nicely adjustable. It will ensure you maximum comfort and support when working out.
This Body Champ Olympic Weight Bench is built for the serious lifter.
Anyone looking for both upper and lower body development from home, this awesome bench is an excellent choice.
With included safety measures and all included accessories, you will be satisfied for sure on so many levels.
Body Champ Weight Bench helps to perform your workouts on a large multiple and variety flat, incline, and decline military positions.
Here you can find high-density padding preacher curl and crunch handle to perform ab crunches for a great core workout. The racks have safety hooks. The ‘U’-shaped front leg stabilizer. This will give you safety and stability during the workout.
The major standout feature that you will love is the wide number of accessories that this bench offer.
Though it doesn’t offer any barbells or weight plates, it comes with other important accessories that can be utilized for your weight bench workouts.
These accessories include:
- Spring Clip For Leg Developer.
- An Olympic Plate Adapter.
- Arm Curl Bar.
- Preacher Curl Pad.
- Ab Crunch with Foam Grip Handle Attachment.
If you are looking to develop body strength and lean muscle mass while increasing your metabolic rate to burn calories, the Marcy MD-879 is your solution.
The upright bar support can be used for squats and lunges. While the bench doubles stand-alone utility work for lower leg, abdominal and bicep exercises. It is one of the best adjustable weight benches with squat rack.
The built-in port on the machine organizes and stores weight plates. It also has an adjustable preacher curl pad with detachable bicep curl bar that allows extended bicep workouts. It is also the best weight bench with leg curl.
Those who have less budget for the weight bench, for them this Marcy weight bench is the perfect solution. It covers almost all the features that an expensive bench offers.
Improve your home gym with the Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench, and get ready for a more efficient bodybuilding routine.
This weight bench lets you perform a range of exercises to target specific muscle groups in a compact space.
You can easily do fat-burning and muscle-building workouts right in the comfort of your own home with this high-performing utility bench.
This Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench brand allows you to perform a full-body workout so you can build and tone your physique whatever you want.
It is perfect for home exercise and you will get all the benefits of an intense gym session without leaving the house.
This weight bench is a great option and will take care of all your weight lifting needs.
The sufficient load capacity makes it ideal for those who lift heavy weights in different positions and requires a strong and durable adjustable weight bench set.
It is a versatile workout bench brand with many angles (from 0 ° to 85 °). Use a pedal to change position without leaning. Your seat has three different heights that you can use and is removable.
Note that the seat follows the back so that it is always perpendicular to the back to prevent slipping when using the slope.
It does not move or bend during use. This Ironmaster Supper Bench has a 10-year warranty. This includes the replacement or repair of mechanical integrity for home users only. Wear parts such as painted surfaces and rubber are not covered by the warranty.
This Best adjustable weight bench is robust and versatile. The seat cushion can be adjusted downwards in an inclined position so as not to slide forward when lifting it up. The dimensions are 50 L x 16 H x 21 W (in inches).
You can easily perform bicep curls, dumbbell presses, shoulder press and leg lifts, which will give you maximum exercise.
This strong weight bench has built-in wheels for easy mobility, facilitating the transition from one point to another. This best adjustable weight bench has an optional dip-top that is purchased separately.
This bench can be adjusted to five positions, including flat, military and different, with adjustment of 30, 45 and 60 degrees. It has a separate seat and back settings.
This top-rated weight bench is made of durable 14 gauge steel, highly stressed and therefore it is very robust.
This foldable weight bench has seven adjustable positions to help a user perform various exercises.
The flat bench, the inclined and sloping press, and the shoulder press can be made with different settings.
Additional angles also provide more options for targeting different muscle groups at the top of the body. It can also be placed at different angles, making it easier to perform workouts such as triceps and curly extensions.
In addition, it has folding wheels and gussets for the pawn function that can be increased many inches.
This Body Solid Powerline bench is actually a great weight bench for beginners. It is difficult to criticize this weight bench brand for its shortcomings, mainly because of the price it needs.
Rep adjustable weight bench is ideal for use with handlebars with cage, power rack or Smith while working at different angles.
Its best feature is that it can be set to 7 positions from -20 degrees to 85 degrees and the seat is set to 4 different angles to give more support when the rear corner changes.
The seven positions are fixed on a bare steel ladder, which prevents the paint from peeling off and falling off the metal-to-metal contact.
It comes with a thick, sturdy 2.5 “seat wrapped in durable textured vinyl for maximum support and comfort.
The cushion also measures 11.5 inches on the shoulders and sits between the backrest and the remote seat padding minimal.
The best feature is that it has the required position, ie flat, inclined and inclined (FID), which is preferable when exercising.
The decreasing position is the best work on the lower chest and helps to focus on the chest, shoulders, triceps and muscle endurance.
This is the perfect training bench as GFID225 is functional, portable, compact and durable. If you do not have enough space at home, this is the best adjustable weight bench because it has a height of 9 inches when it is flat, making it easier to slide under a normal bed at an angle.
In addition, it is not necessary to assemble because it was once removed from the packaging; GFID225 is ready to use. It has a lifetime warranty if used only at home but not for commercial purposes. The warranty covers all parts of the bank.
It allows you to perform exercises and dumbbells of the upper and lower body to achieve your goals of muscle building and muscle retention.
This powerful weight bench Includes 7 adjustable back supports and 3 seat adjustments for maximum support of the back of the lower body, upper body, and hull.
The Cap Barbell weight bench is made up with a 12 and 14 gauge steel frame for stability and durability, powder coated and protects against rust and oxidation.
It is a high-quality adjustable weight bench that has oversize pop handles to easily adjust the bank. The Seat and back cushions are finished in artificial leather with box seams for greater comfort and support.
This workout bench is ideal for you if you’re looking for a soft color option for older users or rehabilitated users.
Best Weight Bench Buyer’s Guide
Before buying a weight bench you should consider the following things:
1. Weight Bench Safety
It is important to be careful during training, so it is best to choose a training bench with braces as this is a safety point. It should also be stable enough to assist you during your workout
2. Bench Style
There are two types of weight benches, such as supply units and racks with racks. The utility has no brackets, they are adjustable and are used with exercises with dumbbells.
They are cheaper because they do not require much equipment and are not the best for large aircraft.
Supported benches are best for heavy workouts for those who use rockers that provide greater stability for compound movement, and the brackets provide grip. The style you choose depends on your training.
3. Quality of the Bench
This is very important and you have to invest a lot in purchasing excellent construction equipment.
It should be made of steel and thick pipes, usually made of a solid metal that does not rust and does not easily counterbalance.
Check the manufacturer’s specifications to find out if the weight and weight of the user are within the load range.
4. Tapestry and Comfort
A good weight bench brand has at least one inch of lining to provide more comfort during training.
Light padding on the side and lumbar pads make it uncomfortable during exercise and you could cause back pain. Check that the lining is sewn with a box stitch as this is the best point against wear.
A small but good quality bank is good for a home gym instead of a huge expensive bank for the gym or commercial gyms.
If you want to buy a weight bench set, it is important to choose one that suits you, so do not just put it in your house and do not use it.
You must first understand clearly what type of bodybuilding program you will follow, what are your goals and what is your routine.
This determines the type of equipment that best suits you and your weightlifting program.
6. Adjustability Of The Weight Bench
It should be quickly adapted to multiple locations without screwing or removing a needle.
For a more effective workout, you can practice with the best models with a flat, sloped, and down-tilted angle, and with these angles, you can perform a variety of training exercises and target different muscles.
Different Types of Weight Bench
There are 6 types of weight benches available on the market.
1. Flat Bench
These are the most popular and most common types of benches. Flat benches don’t have any attachments.
2. Olympic Weight Bench
Olympic benches are like professional and advanced level benches that are usually longer and wider.
Olympic benches are not ordinary benches rather they come with additional equipment such as squat rack, weight plates, rod, dumbbells and more.
Olympic Weight benches are a complete exercise machine that allows you to do some advance workouts such as squats, bench press, quad exercises, and more.
3. Adjustable Weight Bench
An adjustable workout bench is more flexible and allows you to do different workouts easily by adjusting the bench accordingly. It can be inclined or declined or lie flat.
4. Folding Weight Bench
If you need a exercise bench that can be folded easily and carried anywhere than you should go for Folding Weight Bench. But the problem is these folding benches are not designed with the rich feature as they have to fold.
5. Preacher Curl Bench
If you want to work the peak of your biceps then Preacher Curl Bench is good for you. It is made to do preacher curls especially.
6. Abdominal Bench
Abdominal Bench is introduced to do abdominal exercises or core workouts. You can set it according to incline, decline or flat position.
It is a bench that is specifically made for performing ab exercises. The position of these benches can be either flat, incline or decline.
These Abdominal benches have foot rollers in order to lock the feet and better protection of the exerciser.
6 Basic Exercises With The Best Weight Bench
This practical guide of 6 basic exercises will help you to build entire body muscle easily using a weights bench.
EXERCISE 1: BENCH PRESS WITH DUMBBELLS
The bench press with dumbbells helps to build your chest muscles and work on your pecs differently if you cannot lift as much as with a barbell. This bench press with dumbbells exercise will give better range and a more natural movement.
- You will need: weights bench, 2 dumbbells.
- Main targeted muscles: shoulders, pectorals, triceps.
- Performing the exercise: lie on your workout bench, then slightly arch your back and try to put your feet flat on the ground. After that, you need to take a dumbbell in each hand. Bring the dumbbells together and stretch your arms out vertically. From this position pull your shoulders back and contract your pectoral muscles. Then lower the dumbbells down slowly to each side of your chest. After that contract your pecs and press (push) the dumbbells back up without bouncing back, bringing them together as they reach the top.
- Safety instructions: your shoulders, head, and buttocks must remain resting against the bench. Without this stability, there is no strength. They help to anchor you. Keep your elbows in line with your shoulders, when you bring the dumbbells down.
EXERCISE 2: DUMBBELL PULLOVER With Weight Bench
- You will need: weights bench, dumbbell.
- Main targeted muscles: build your chest muscles, long head of the triceps, pectoralis major, latissimus dorsi, teres major.
- Performing the exercise: First, lay down on your bench. Then pick up a dumbbell with both hands and above your head extend your arms. Take a deep breath and then lower the dumbbell behind your head, with your elbows slightly bent. Breathe out when returning to your starting position.
- Safety tips: Your shoulders, head, and buttocks must remain resting against the bench.
EXERCISE 3: INCLINED PRESS WITH DUMBBELLS
This incline press exercise with dumbbells also helps to build your chest muscles and allows a more comprehensive natural movement than with a barbell. This incline press exercise is very useful to rebalance your pectoral muscles, as it focuses more on the upper part.
- You will need: weights bench, 2 dumbbells.
- Main targeted muscles: shoulders, pectorals, triceps.
- Performing the exercise: At first, lie on your adjustable weights bench, inclined between 15° to 45°. Then slightly arch your back and you must put your feet flat on the ground. Taking a dumbbell in each hand, stretch your arms out vertically bringing the dumbbells together. At this position, lower the dumbbells down slowly to each side of your chest. Then contract your pecs and press the dumbbells back up without bouncing back bringing them together at the top.
- Safety tips: Your shoulders, head, and buttocks must remain resting against the bench. They will help to anchor you. When you bring the dumbbells down keep your elbows in line with your shoulders. Do not lock your elbows otherwise, it can damage the elbow joint.
EXERCISE 4: DUMBBELL ROW
- You will need: dumbbell and weights bench
- Main targeted muscles: To build up your backs, latissimus dorsi, teres major, posterior deltoid (back of shoulder), brachioradialis (supinator longus).
- Performing the exercise: All you need to do is stand up next to your weights bench and put one knee on the bench leaving your other foot on the ground. Steady yourself against the bench with one hand and take a dumbbell in the other hand. Contract your back then bring your elbow back, as high as you can go, to raise the dumbbell.
- Safety tips: Keep your back flat during the workout to protect your lower back. With each rep set try to lift the dumbbell without making any jerky movements.
EXERCISE 5: LYING TRICEPS EXTENSION
- You will need: straight bar or EZ curl bar and of course a best weight bench,
- Main targeted muscles: This LYING TRICEPS EXTENSION workout especially works on building triceps.
- Performing the exercise: You need to lie on your workout bench with your feet flat on the ground. Then hold the bar with a supinated (palms facing your face) or pronated grip (easier for beginners), with your hands shoulder-width apart. Without locking your elbows, bend your forearm to bring the bar above your forehead and then extend your forearms to raise the bar above your head.
- Safety tips: carefully lower the bar by bending your forearms. And do not spread your elbows apart when lowering the bar towards your forehead.
EXERCISE 6: CONCENTRATED CURL ( BUILD YOUR BICEPS )
- You will need: a workout bench and dumbbell.
- Main targeted muscles: Helps to build up biceps brachii, brachialis (located under the biceps).
- Performing the exercise: You just need to sit down on your adjustable workout bench with your legs apart and your feet flat on the ground. With a supinated grip pick up a dumbbell with your right hand and lean forward slightly. Place it on your right thigh and rest your other hand on your left thigh. After that take a deep breath and start lifting the dumbbell up to your chest. After that breathe out when returning to starting position.
- Safety tips: Always lift the weight without moving your legs or upper body.
Final Verdict of Weight Bench:
These weight benches with uncomplicated maintenance and excellent workmanship are generally used for doing exercises frequently to enhance your health. Choose the right weight bench that suits your need and your exercises.
Best Of Luck!